Committed to ensure adherence to the principles of good governance namely accountability, transparency, integrity and value for money in public procurement. The Government of Grenada has enacted and established the following:
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act no 39 of 2014.
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Regulations S.R. &O.32 of 2015.
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property (Disposal Committee) Regulations S.R. & O .30 of 2015.
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act (Public Procurement Review Commission) Regulations S.R. &O .31 of 2015.
The establishment of the following units / bodies as required by the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Property Act of 2014:
- The Public Procurement Board, responsible for ensuring Compliance with the Act and regulations by all Government procuring entities for procurements above $15,000.00ec.
- The Review Commission, responsible for the resolution of disputes between procuring entities, The Procurement Board and suppliers arising for a procurement process.
- The Central Procurement Unit: Ancillary staff of the Public Procurement Board; providing administrative, secretarial and technical support with responsibilities for ensuring adherence to the laws and regulations by procuring entities. Assisting in training of all procuring entities procurement officials, drafting and advising the Board on Procurement Polices and best practices.