- At the upper back part of the application form the gentleman will take oath in the presence of the Registrar-General at the Births and Deaths, Ministry of Health.
- The lower back part of the form must be certified by either a Minister of Religion, Lawyer or Justice of the Peace.
- If the divorce document is in a foreign language then it MUST be translated in English, certified by an official translator, and both submitted with the application.
A marriage officer is a person who has been appointed and authorized to conduct marriages. You must be an ordained minister affiliated with a religious denomination and be registered as a Marriage Officer to perform marriages in Grenada.
You must visit the Office of the Prime Minister to obtain a Marriage Officer's Licence application form.
Your completed application form must be submitted to the same office with the following supporting documentation:
- Proof of identity, such as a national identification card, driving permit or passport.
- A letter of recommendation from the head of your religious organisation and your original ordination certificate.
- If you are a member of a new organisation, an original certificate of incorporation and a letter giving details of the organisation.
Authorities will conduct investigations to confirm the information in your application. It can take up to two to three months to conduct investigations and issue the licence.
Original plans of the property/land
Certificate of character (From your local police station)
Character reference (Two are needed)
- Serve as a Justice in a Court of Petty Sessions
- Attend the Children’s Courts and Drug Court
- Consider applications for bail
- Attend Police Stations
- Explain and sign documents
- Sit on licensing panels
- Give counsel and advice
The Office of the Prime Minister, provides supervision for the various processes involved in the appointment of Justices of the Peace and ensures that records are accurately maintained.