Skip to main content

Welcome to

Office of Public Procurement

Ministry Services


1. Non-nationals MUST be three (3) days resident in the State before applying for a marriage licence. The licence takes two (2) to three (3) days to be processed.
2. The required application form must be fully completed.
  • At the upper back part of the application form the gentleman will take oath in the presence of the Registrar-General at the Births and Deaths, Ministry of Health.
  • The lower back part of the form must be certified by either a Minister of Religion, Lawyer or Justice of the Peace.
3. In the case of Non-Nationals, Passports and birth certificates of both parties must be presented.
4. Non-Nationals must present a notarized certificate attesting that the parties involved have never been married before. In the case where the parties involved are divorced, the final document with seal or a notarized copy MUST be presented.
  • If the divorce document is in a foreign language then it MUST be translated in English, certified by an official translator, and both submitted with the application.
5. In the case where the parties involved are widowed, the death certificate with seal or a notarized copy MUST be presented.
6. The legal age for marriage without parental consent is eighteen (18) years.
7. The present fee of one hundred ($100.00) to be paid in the treasury, Ministry of Finance, as marriage licence’s fee. The receipt, together with stamps to the value of fifteen dollars ($15), is to be submitted with the completed application form to the Cabinet Secretariat, Office of the Prime Minister, for processing.
1. Return the form completely filled and signed by relevant persons.
2. Nationals MUST present their original Birth Certificates.
3. Nationals MUST present their original copies of final divorce documents.
4. $50.00 Receipts from Treasury (present fee).
5. Stamps to the value of $15.00 (present fee).
6. At the upper back part of the application form the gentleman will take oath in the presence of the Registrar-General at the Births and Deaths, Ministry of Health. All documents MUST be presented before the form can be signed. This process MUST be done before applicants proceed to the Cabinet Officer/Office of the Prime Minister.

Click Here to Download Application Form

A marriage officer is a person who has been appointed and authorized to conduct marriages.  You must be an ordained minister affiliated with a religious denomination and be registered as a Marriage Officer to perform marriages in Grenada.

You must visit the Office of the Prime Minister to obtain a Marriage Officer's Licence application form.

Your completed application form must be submitted to the same office with the following supporting documentation:

  •     Proof of identity, such as a national identification card, driving permit or passport.
  •     A letter of recommendation from the head of your religious organisation and your original ordination  certificate.
  •     If you are a member of a new organisation, an original certificate of incorporation and a letter giving details of the organisation.

Authorities will conduct investigations to confirm the information in your application.  It can take up to two to three months to conduct investigations and issue the licence.

Under the Aliens Land Holding Regulations Act No.13 of 1922, all non-nationals are required to obtain an alien land holding license to hold interest in land, real estate and/or shares and/or to be directors of companies that own real estate.
Foreigners must apply for an Alien Landholding Licence which costs EC$1,800 plus 10% of the purchase price. Along with your completed application you will need to provide your local lawyer (who will make the application on your behalf) with the following information:
  • Original plans of the property/land
  • Certificate of character (From your local police station)
  • Character reference (Two are needed)
  • Banker's Reference
The Prime Minister's Office handles applications for Alien Land Holding Licenses.

A Justice of the Peace (JP) is a person of unquestionable integrity who seeks to promote and protect the rights of individuals and helps to give justice to those persons in a particular community.
The position of Justice of the Peace originated in England in 1361 with the passing of the Justice of the Peace Act. The "peace" to be guarded was the "King's (Sovereign's) peace".
The office of a Justice of the Peace is a voluntary one; therefore a JP must not charge or accept any reward for services performed in this capacity. Justices of the Peace are not usually required to have a formal legal education in order to qualify for the office. However, every JP is expected to complete a period of training before he/she is commissioned into office. JPs are governed by a Code of Conduct
Functions of a JP
In addition to upholding the rights of citizens, the JP is required to:
  • Serve as a Justice in a Court of Petty Sessions
  • Attend the Children’s Courts and Drug Court
  • Consider applications for bail
  • Attend Police Stations
  • Explain and sign documents
  • Sit on licensing panels
  • Give counsel and advice

The Office of the Prime Minister, provides supervision for the various processes involved in the appointment of Justices of the Peace and ensures that records are accurately maintained.