We are committed to ensure that the Official Portal of Government of Grenada is accessible to all users irrespective of device in use, technology or ability. It has been built, with an aim, to provide maximum accessibility and usability to its visitors.
We have put in our best efforts to ensure that all information on this Portal is accessible to people with disabilities. For example, a user with visual disability can access this Portal using assistive technologies, such as screen readers and magnifiers.
We also aim to be standards compliant and follow principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors of this Portal.
This Portal is designed using XHTML 1.0 Transitional and meets priority 1 (level A) of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Part of the information in the Portal is also made available through links to external Web sites. External Web sites are maintained by the respective departments who are responsible for making these sites accessible.
Ability to change text size
If you experience difficulty reading the text on the computer screen, you can enlarge or reduce the text-size by clicking on the icons at the top of the webpage.
Alternatively, you can also adjust the font size setting of your browser.
- Internet Explorer: Click on the ‘View’ menu. Then select the size you require.
- Firefox: Click on the ‘View’ menu. Then, select ‘Increase’ or ‘Decrease’ to change the text size. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl and + keys to increase the text size, or Ctrl and - keys to decrease the text size. Pressing the Ctrl and the number 0 keys resets the default size.
- Chrome: Click on the main menu. Then, click on ‘Zoom’ and adjust the text size. Alternatively, you can press the Ctrl and + keys to increase the text size, or the Ctrl and - keys to decrease the text size. Pressing the Ctrl and the number 0 keys resets to the default size.
- Opera: Change the size of both text and graphics using the + and - keys on the keyboard. Each press will increase or decrease the size by 10 per cent.
- Safari: Click on the ‘View’ menu. Then click on ‘Make text bigger’ or ‘Make text smaller’ to change the font size. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts. You can increase the text size by pressing Apple and + keys. To decrease the size, press the Apple and - keys.
Ability to change colours
If you find it difficult to read text against the background of a certain colour, you can easily change the colours by clicking the color contrast squares at the top of your webpage
Alternatively, you can also adjust the color setting in your web browser by following these steps:
- Internet Explorer: Click on the ‘Tools’ menu or press the Alt + T keys. Then click on ‘Internet options’ or press the alphabet O. Then, click on ‘Accessibility’ or press Alt + E. When the accessibility options are displayed, check the box next to ‘Ignore colours specified on web page’ using the mouse or by pressing Alt + C. Save your changes by clicking on the ‘OK’ button or by pressing ‘Enter’. You will be taken back to the ‘Internet options’ window. The website will now be using the same colour scheme as your computer.
- Firefox: Click on the ‘Tools’ menu or press the Alt + T keys. Then click on ‘Options’ or press the alphabet O to display the ‘Options’ window. Click on ‘Fonts and colours’, or you can press F to display the ‘Fonts and colours’ window. Then to set Firefox to use your windows colour scheme, click on the ‘Use system colours’ checkbox or ‘Tab’ to the checkbox and press the space bar to select it.
Best Viewed Information
The Portal is best viewed through the following browser versions or higher-
- Google Chrome (Version 71.0.3578.98)
- Mozilla Firefox (65.0b4 (32-bit))
- Microsoft Edge (20.10240.17146.0)
- Safari for iPad (10.0.3,11.2.6)
If your browser is older, you may have trouble viewing many of our web site features properly. If you are unsure of the version of your browser, you can determine it by choosing 'Help' at the top of your browser window and then selecting 'About' (your browser).
The Portal is best viewed at following screen resolutions or higher-
- 1080x1920, 1280x800, 1280x950, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1600x900.
- Mobile screens: 320*568, 540*960, 768*1024
No or limited Internet access
The Government is keen on not leaving those with no or limited access to Internet behind. Hence, If one of your acquaintances or your area has no or limited access to the Internet, you can still contact us by phone and we shall answer your queries.
Ministerial Complex, Botanical Gardens
St. George's - Grenada, W.I
Phone -  440-2255
If you have any problem or suggestion regarding the accessibility of this Portal, please send us your feedback.