This is a mandatory registration service of the Government of Grenada to help care for its fishing community. This is a one-time registration and results in a valid fisherman/woman card being issued.
A fisher registration offers protection while fishing by offering a valid identification and easy intervention in the event of any episode. In addition, it enables the government to plan and deliver value-added services to the fishing community.
Other than being a real fisherman or woman, there are no other prerequisites to this service.
- Register yourself online.
- Fill a form with details of your village, ID (drivers license, passport or others), role in fisheries, details of family & dependents, next of kin (for emergency contact), education and other relevant points.
- Review the details and submit.
- A District Fisheries Officer shall review and confirm that the person applying is really in the business of fisheries. Once a confirmation is provided, you are registered, and your status shall be updated accordingly.
- You can collect the ID Card from the Fisheries Office in Fish Market, Melville Road, St. Georges.
There are no payments associated with this service.
EC$25 is charged for issuance, or re-issuance of the ID Card
Ministry Of Climate Resilience, The Environment, Forestry, Fisheries & Disaster Management
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George’s, Grenada, W.I.
Tel: +1 (473) 440-3386 | +1 (473) 440-3078 | +1 (473) 440-3383
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4191