Skip to main content

Housing Grant / Loan

Citizens can apply for housing related grants and loans.

Service Information

Each year, the Government of Grenada provides grants and soft loans across the tri-island nation of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. These are not large grants but small sums that help make your home livable or perform small additions to your facility to accommodate your growing family's needs.

Where funds are not available as grants, you have the option of availing soft loans, negotiated on your behalf with lending banks.

Your request shall be coming to the Housing Committee through your local parliamentary representative, or district office. Additional support by way of a helping hand may be possible through Volunteer Brigade, though such support may not be available at every parish and town – enquire to learn more.

If you need permission to Build a House, you need a House Permit (Click here) 
If you need permission to make changes to your land, property, or building, you need a Building Permit (Click here



Process Steps
  1. Register yourself online.
  2. Fill the Housing Grant request form
  3. Review and submit.
  4. The form shall be reviewed by a local representative who shall then give his / her recommendations.
  5. The Housing Committee shall review the forms and the recommendations, and shall make their own decisions and recommendations.
  6. Depending on fund availability, those who have availed funds recently stand a lesser chance than those applying for the first time.
Payment Details

There are no payments associated with this service.


Housing Unit
Ministry of Social Development, Housing & Community Empowerment

2nd Floor
Ministerial Complex
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George’s, Grenada, W.I.
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2103 | +1 (473) 440-1439 | +1 (473) 440-3195
Fax: +1 (473) 435-5864