The Ministry of Work business responsibility functions at two levels, namely the strategic and operational levels.
Ministry Strategic level :
The broad mandate and functions at the strategic levels are inclusive of the following:
- To develop, implement, monitor and evaluate projects and programmes for the integrated services sector of the Ministry to enable the Ministry to deliver on its mandate.
- Strategic Human resource management and development for Ministry workforce
- General management
- To foster linkages with other agencies/Ministries/departments for the effective co-ordination of Ministries integrated services.
- National transport and safety policy.
- Implementation of policies and directives of Cabinet
- To provide policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for and perform an oversight role of four (4) statutory organizations:
- The Grenada Postal Corporation
- Gravel Concrete and Emulsion Production Corporation
- National Water and Sewerage Authority (NAWASA)
- National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (NTRC)
Ministry Operational level :
The operational functions of the Ministry are inclusive of the following:
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
- Registry Management
- Public Relations
- Transport system management
- Energy sector management
- Provision of engineering and architectural support to Government ministries, non-Ministerial Departments and Statutory Bodies
- To facilitate service delivery through the development, construction and management of public infrastructure so as to optimize the creation of decent jobs and the promotion of a better life for all
- Development, standardization and maintenance of roads, bridges and government buildings
- Management of Electrical Inspections Island wide and conduct examinations for eligible Electricians;
- Market Management