The Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation is the lead agency for the formulation of national policies and programs for the development and promotion of the respective industries. It plays a crucial role in coordinating and supplementing the efforts of Government, capitalizing private sector investment, and strengthening promotional and marketing efforts.
To provide administrative and technical services as well as policy leadership for the achievement of sustainable tourism development.
To become an increasingly efficient public sector organization that will drive the expansion of the Tourism Sector.
The Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation has responsibility for the management and administration of the tourism & civil aviation industries. It also collaborates with the Ministry of Finance and the Grenada Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) in providing the enabling environment to facilitate private sector investment.
The following are some of the areas of responsibility for the Ministry:
- Provide policy advice to Government on matters related to Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Facilitate and oversee the implementation of government policies on Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Facilitate and oversee the development and implementation of programmes and projects related to Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Provide the necessary support to all stakeholders in the Tourism & Civil Aviation sectors.
- Facilitate public awareness for Tourism & Civil Aviation through public education and training programmes.
- Facilitating increased marketing and promotion of Grenada by the Grenada Tourism Authority.
Statutory Bodies attached to the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Grenada Tourism Authority
- Grenada Airports Authority
- Aviation Services of Grenada