Start Date: May 1991
The Dance Festival is a biennial festival which gives dance teachers and choreographers an opportunity to choreograph dance pieces for expression to a local, regional and international audience.
It also provides the opportunity to develop the dancers skills in certain genres of dance from workshops conducted.
It is an opportunity for Grenadians on a whole to embrace Grenadian professionals who have done exceptionally well in the diaspora in the area of dance.
- To showcase Grenadian dancers living abroad who continued and developed their dance career.
- To showcase the work being done with schools and groups under the Ministry’s supervision.
- To make the Dance Festival as one of Grenada’s premier national events for international participation.
- To enhance dance and allow it to become the nucleus for Caribbean integration and evolution.
- To provide a forum for expression in the discipline of dance.
- To give dance companies in Grenada an opportunity to compare their level of dance skills to their regional and international counterparts.
Schedule & Format
- Friday – 8:00 p.m. – Gala Night
- Saturday – 2:00 p.m. – Youth Sashay
- Sunday – 3:00 p.m. – Folk Day
- Venues: Grenada Trade Centre