Students studying at the St. George’s (Medical) University (SGU), tourists and citizens can import pets into Grenada. The overall process is simple, and the Veterinary Officer from the Ministry of Agriculture & Lands shall facilitate in easy and speedy importation.
The importer is requested to ensure safety precautions against rabies, bird flu and other contagious diseases are taken by way of vaccines and other treatments and documented proof of such activities are presented before importation or arrival at the air or sea ports. This is essential to prevent trans-border spread of animal & bird diseases, and ensure healthy animal population in the islands and ensure livelihood of the farming community.
It is important to fill the form, and inform the Veterinarian before bringing the pet inland to ensure all compliances are met and to ensure speedy clearance of the pet at the intended ports
- Register yourself online and obtain valid access credentials to the e-services Portal
- Login and Complete the Pet Import Permit form before you begin shipment of the pet into the islands. Details to include
- Applicant's name and country of residence with pet.
- Particulars requested on your pet(s).
- Port or Airport of Landing in GRENADA.
- Expected date of arrival in Grenada. (this is to ensure that the concerned veterinary officer may make themselves available to ensure easy clearance at port)
- Make sure to have the completed portion of the permit while arriving at port
- Permit must be filled at least 2 weeks prior to arrival along with the Health Certificate of the Pet.
Note: Users may alternatively fax the filled permit and health certificate to the Veterinary Department at +1(473) 440-4191 along with Health Certificate for approval and signature at least two (2) weeks prior to arrival in Grenada.
- Review the details and submit the form.
- Log in to check the status for issuance of the permit
NOTE: Please note the following
- The owner of the pet (s) must have an Import Permit Issued by the Veterinary Officer of the Grenada Ministry of Agriculture & Lands. The Permit must be presented at the Port of Entry.
- The dog/ cat/ pet must be vaccinated against rabies and other relevant diseases (specific to the pet) within twelve (12) months prior to arrival.
- A health certificate issued by a licensed Veterinarian within two (2) weeks prior to arrival must accompany the pet.
- The Grenada Veterinary Officer is notified of the time of arrival and Port of Entry.
- In applying for the Import Permit, the owner must give the age, sex, color and breed of is/her dog and/or cat.
The Veterinary Department
Ministry of Agriculture & Lands
Sir Eric Matthew Gairy Botanical Gardens
Tanteen, St. George’s,
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2708 | +1 (473) 440-3078 | +1 (473) 440-3083
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4191